Terms & Conditions
It is agreed by and between Peters – Todd’s Inc. and the authorizing party (customer and/or customer’s agent) that the following provisions are made as part of this contract:
- Insurance by Contractor: Peters – Todd’s Inc. warrants that it is insured for liability resulting from injury to person(s) or property and that all employees are covered by Workers’ Compensation as required by law. Certificates of coverage are available upon request.
- Cancellation Fee: Peters – Todd’s Inc. kindly requests that the authorizing party provide at least 24 hours’ notice of any full or partial work cancellation for jobs that have been scheduled in advance. If a crew has been dispatched to the job site, the authorizing party may be assessed a mobilization fee of $100 for incurred expenses.
- Completion of Contract: Peters – Todd’s Inc. agrees to do its best to meet any agreed upon performance dates but shall not be liable in damages or otherwise for delays because of inclement weather, labor, or any other cause beyond its control; nor shall the authorizing party be relieved of completion for delays.
- Tree Ownership: The authorizing party warrants that all trees listed are located on the authorizing party’s property, and, if not, that the authorizing party has received full permission from the owner to allow Peters – Todd’s Inc. to perform the specified work. Should any tree be mistakenly identified as to ownership, the authorizing party agrees to indemnify Peters – Todd’s Inc. for any damages or costs incurred from the result thereof.
- Safety: Peters – Todd’s Inc. warrants that all arboricultural operations will follow the latest version of the ANSI Z133.1 industry safety standards. The authorizing party agrees to not enter the work area during arboricultural operations unless authorized by the crew leader on-site.
- Stump Removal: Unless specified in the proposal, stump removal is not included in the price quoted. When performing stump grinding, standard grinding depth is 4-6 inches below ground level, though we will be happy to grind to a deeper depth upon request, if feasible. Grindings and shavings from stump removal are not hauled away unless specified in this proposal. Surface and subsurface roots beyond the stump are not removed unless specified in this proposal.
- Concealed Contingencies: Any additional work or equipment required to complete the project, caused by the authorizing party’s failure to make known or caused by previously unknown foreign material in the trunk, the branches, underground, or any other condition not apparent in estimating the work specified, shall be paid for by the authorizing party on a time and material basis. Peters – Todd’s Inc. is not responsible for damages to underground sprinklers, drain lines, invisible fences, underground cables, or any other hidden/unknown system(s) unless the system(s) are adequately and accurately mapped by the authorizing party and a copy is presented before the work is performed.
- Driveways/Sidewalks: Peters – Todd’s Inc. will attempt to minimize any damage to driveways and sidewalks. In the event our equipment causes settling, cracking, or other damage to driveways and/or sidewalks, then repairs are not included in the contract price. Peters – Todd’s Inc. is not responsible for damages to driveways, sidewalks, and other hardscapes.
- Clean-up: Clean-up shall include removing wood, removing brush, and raking of the entire area affected by the specified work, unless noted otherwise on the proposal.
- Lawn Repair: Peters – Todd’s Inc. will attempt to minimize all disturbances to the authorizing party’s lawn. Lawn repairs are not included in the contract price, unless noted otherwise on this proposal. Peters – Todd’s Inc. is not responsible for damages to lawn, turf, and other yard landscaping.
- Terms of Payment: Unless otherwise noted in this proposal, the authorizing party agrees to pay the account in full within 30 days of work completion. Failure to remit full payment within the payment term may result in a finance charge of 2.5% per month.
- Returned Check Fee: There will be a $25.00 fee charged for all checks returned to our office for non-sufficient funds.
- Media Release: Peters – Todd’s Inc. occasionally takes pictures and records video and/or sound during particular jobs to be used for training and promotional purposes. The authorizing party grants Peters – Todd’s Inc., the right to use, publish, and reproduce pictures, video, and sound recordings in any and all media formats for any and all purposes. In addition, the authorizing party waives the right to receive any payment from Peters – Todd’s Inc. for use of this media.
- Permits: Unless we have been contracted to do so, or it was agreed upon as part of the scope of a project, we will not be responsible for obtaining permits. You will need to do this. This is something we are able to do for you, but it will require additional fees for the permits.
Tree Care Definitions
- Structure Prune: Pruning to restore a tree to a healthy overall structure for New Jersey conditions. Generally refers to suppressing growth on low limbs that push out laterally then turning vertical to become co-dominant leaders. These Limbs have a high risk for storm damage and failure.
- Topping: Refers to the removal of the apex of a tree. Highly discouraged and generally has severe negative effects on the health and longevity of a tree.
- Tip Reduction: Cuts made to reduce the overall length of a limb.
- Clean: Remove dead, dying, or diseased limbs, material from the tree.
- Crown: Includes all branches and leaves between the lowest branch to the top of the tree.
- Leader: A dominant or co-dominant upright stem.
- Raise: Pruning lower limbs to increase crown/canopy base height.
- Reduce: Pruning to decrease overall length of a limb, branch or canopy.
- Thin: Pruning to reduce density of live branches, usually be removing entire branches.
- Vista Pruning: Pruning to allow views through the tree canopy by selectively pruning gaps through the tree’s crown.
- Tree Removal: Tree will be removed and all debris hauled away. The stump will be cut as close to grade level as possible without damaging saw.
- Stump Removal: When performing stump grinding, standard grinding depth is 4-6 inches below ground level, while leaving grinding piled up.